Personality Type for Designers
So often designers work for themselves, and they don’t get the training and education benefits people get when they work for a big company.
For example, most Fortune 500 companies use personality testing to understand who will excel at which job, and which jobs are fulfilling to which people. You can bet that with so much money riding on these tests, the results are accurate and informative. So why don’t people use this test to figure out what they should do with their life? Why wait for a company to give this information to you? Give it to yourself!
Who Should Take This Course
This course is for designers who want to grow their business in a way that will work for them. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and the more clearly you see those, the more effectively you can grow a business you’ll love. In most cases, our barriers to success come from doing things that we aren’t great at. This course give you knowledge so you never run into that barrier again.
Purchase this course for access anytime.
Share this course:
Quistic is the fourth startup Penelope has founded. Earlier in her career she was a journalist syndicated by the New York Times and played professional beach volleyball. Inc. magazine called Penelope “the world’s most influential career coach.”
Maria is an internationally sought-after colour expert, decorator, design blogger, and published author. Her no-nonsense color advice, along with her friendly and inspiring writing style, have quickly turned Colour Me Happy into one of the top 10 color blogs in North America.
What People are Saying about this Course:
Thanks for doing this, I think it will be an invaluable tool for all.
Watch classes wherever, whenever you want.
Your access never expires
DAY ONE: YOU CAN BECOME A PERSONALITY TYPE EXPERT
- Understand your type. If you understand your own score you will overcome your weaknesses more readily and put yourself in positions where you are likely to succeed. Also, you’ll understand so much more about your past because you’ll have a better sense of who you are.
- Understand other people’s types. It’s actually possible to hear about 20 sentences from someone and get a good sense of that person’s score. And once you get good at that, you feel like a mind reader. It’s incredibly empowering because it allows you to connect with people much faster and more meaningfully than ever before.
- Use that information to be an extraordinary communicator. The key to talking to people so they will listen is in understanding how they want to hear you. Using Myers Briggs information to guide your communication makes you a better leader, better manager, better collaborator—and even a better parent.
DAY TWO: USE PERSONALITY TYPE TO BUILD A GREAT BUSINESS
- Ramp up sales success by understanding what motivates different types of people. Once you understand the core motivators for each perspective client, you can close a sale much more easily. Plus, the experience your clients have with you will be profound when you approach them from the right perspective for their personality type.
- Become a star in your industry by understanding what truly sets you apart from other people at work. We underestimate our standout strengths because they are so natural to us. They come so easily to us that we assume most people have them. The best way to understand how we are special is to understand other peoples’ strengths in the context of our own. This allows us to see how we fit together and how we stand out as well.
- Recognize your hurdles as a product of your personality type and find new ways around them. Each of use can get to the top of our field if we know what is holding us back. Most people have a sense of their weaknesses, but weaknesses are paired with strengths, and if you see your weaknesses as part of your package you’ll understand better how to compensate.
DAY THREE: YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE WILL SHOW YOU A CLEAR PATH TO SUCCESS
- Make tough business decisions quickly and with confidence. Discover which types should market in-person and which should stick to online businesses. Learn which online marketing tactics are best suited to your personality type. And figure out how to leverage your type in the right business model for you.
- Find your best inspiration. If you surround yourself with people who drain you, you don’t benefit and neither do they. Often, though, we pick people who are familiar to us instead of who is best for us. At work and at home our inspiration comes from our environment—but only if it is conducive to our finding fulfillment. Understanding your personality type is like getting a recipe for creating surroundings that will encourage your fulfillment.
- Put your communication skills in high-gear. Learn to read someone's type just minutes after meeting them so you can establish rapport immediately. So much of a referral business is based on rapport - understanding personality type is a shortcut to a robust referral network.
DAY FOUR: BONUS
Penelope and Maria answer questions you have about your particular type