Frame Your Ideas to Get a Book Deal
Who Should Take This Course
The secret to getting a book deal is framing your story in a way that is sellable. Best-selling author Penelope Trunk will give you an inside look at the publishing industry and teach you everything you need to know to get your story published.
If you know you have a book inside you but you don’t know how to sell it, this course is for you.
Why Should You Take This Course?
Is your dream to publish a book? Do you need a publisher to get to the next level in your career? This course will help you.
Purchase this course for access anytime.
Share this course:
Penelope Trunk is the author of a bestselling career book (published by Time Warner) and a memoir (published by University of Colorado). Publisher’s Weekly lauded Penelope for “quick punchy prose that keeps the reader riveted.” Penelope has her writing featured in more than 200 media outlets. Her blog has more than one million readers a month, and she has taught writing at Brown University and Boston University.
Watch classes wherever, whenever you want.
Your access never expires
DAY ONE: UNDERSTAND THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY
- Get an understanding of who needs an agent and who can self-publish.
- Learn how to position yourself as the type of author agents love to represent.
- Discover the secret that all agents know about how to create a New York Times bestseller.
DAY TWO: FRAMING YOUR STORY
- Everyone has a story. Learn how to create a story that will sell.
- Master the art of a great outline. You don’t need to write your whole story to get a book deal, but you do need to have a great outline.
- Market your story effectively while still being true to yourself.
DAY THREE: WRITE THE PERFECT PROPOSAL
- The key to proposal writing is knowing the most important parts of the proposal. Hint: it’s not how well you write.
- Find the special thing about yourself that makes your proposal shine.
- All good proposals have the same key components—get good at those parts and you can pitch many book ideas throughout your life.
DAY FOUR: Q&A
Hear Penelope answer the most common questions from this seminar.